Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 80

Thread: Favorite Region D match-up?

  1. #61
    Inactive Member Cuppa_Coffee's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2006
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    [ QUOTE ]
    Ultimately, a final between Twin Valley and Gate City could be a Region D classic. I think players, coaches, and fans from both teams have been prepping for this game for a long time. Personally, I would walk to Clinchco to see this game.


    [/ QUOTE ]

    it'll be twin springs in the final, not gate city.

  2. #62
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    I don't think they went undefeated cvc. Indian River won 31, Lake Braddock, James Madison, Midlothian, JJK, Atlee, and West Springfield won 30 (WS did it twice). This came from the VHSL Record book and was the record for most consecutive victories.

    They may have gone 29-1?
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #63
    Inactive Member imported_Dunduin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    After watching Kelly play GC I really don't think Kelly will go far. Right now Haysi and GC are the teams to beat.

  4. #64
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    I wouldn't judge on one game. If that were the case, you would have discredited GC when Kelly beat them by 10 last time out. IMO it's wide open this year in Region D. I do not think there is a dominant squad (not on the girls side anyway). Whoever shows up to play will move on.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  5. #65
    Inactive Member imported_Dunduin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    Kelly will have a dominant team the next year or so but I don't think this is their year.

  6. #66
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    Not sure, but I seem to recall reading it somewhere.

    Was JJ Kelly in the VHSL records with 30?

    [ QUOTE ]
    I don't think they went undefeated cvc. Indian River won 31, Lake Braddock, James Madison, Midlothian, JJK, Atlee, and West Springfield won 30 (WS did it twice). This came from the VHSL Record book and was the record for most consecutive victories.

    They may have gone 29-1?

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  7. #67
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    In my opinion, that would depend on how healthy the team is. If Kecev, Dockery, and Warner are not 100%, TS is at a distinct disadvantage.

    [ QUOTE ]
    it'll be twin springs in the final, not gate city.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  8. #68
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    [ QUOTE ]
    Hey Stripes. You going to be there tomorrow? If so, I'll give you a holla, maybe catch the game.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    No, I gotta work tonight till midnight. Wish I could be there though. Does anyone know if 93.5 will carry the games tonight?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #69
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    [ QUOTE ]
    Was JJ Kelly in the VHSL records with 30?

    [ QUOTE ]


    Yep.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  10. #70
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite Region D match-up?

    I'm not at all sure, but it's possible either of those teams had an undefeated season but did not in fact play 30 games.

    I think the number of games would depend on how many tournaments a team competes in. For example, the JI Burton boys did not have a full schedule this year because they delayed their season due to the playoffs in football.


    [ QUOTE ]
    Yep.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •